FAQ ans Lifehacks¶
Good to know¶
Best channel for a Zigbee network¶
According to this article by Metageek the best is to use channel 15 for Zigbee and channels 1,6 and 11 for your home WiFi networks.
The rule - make the networks as less overlaps as possible.
Have a look on other interesting topics at those web-resource, some of them are listed below:
- if you do not know your UZG-01 adapter's IP address, you can reach web-interface by following to
uzg-01.localin your browser.
if you do not know your UZG-01 adapter's IP address, you can set-up you Zigbee2MQTT autodiscovery by setting these parameters:
Type-A to Type-C cables support¶
- In case of USB connection or flashing over USB - please use Type-A (your PC) to Type-C (UZG-01) cables. Flashing and Zigbee bridge does not work with Type-C to Type-C cables.
Zigbee2MQTT: Error Network Commissioning Timeout (panID or extendedPanID already exists nearby)¶
This error is discussed in these two threads: first and second.
According to the first thread, the most possible issue cause this error is:
zigbee2mqtt will always use the same, default extendedPanId unless you set it to something else in the config file
Try unscrewing the antenna during startup. Or unplug any near by routers temporarily.Try to do above mentioned as well as start ZHA just to test your device:
- Go to Home Assistant
- Go to
Devices & Services
Add integration(right bottom corner)
- Find «Zigbee Home Automation», click on it;
- Between two options «Add Zigbee device» and «Zigbee Home Automation» choose
Zigbee Home Automation;
- Select serial port window -
- Radio type window -
ZNP = Texas Instruments Z-Stack ZNP …
Serial port settings window:
- Serial device path: « socket://192.168.1.105:6638 », where 192.168.1.105 is IP address of your UZG-01;
- port speed left by default 115200;
- data flow control undefined (it does not matter for LAN adapters)
- Network formation window -
Erase network settings and form a new network
- Wait for Zigbee network and try to add some Zigbee end-device (e.g. sensor etc)
If ZHA starts - means that the problem in communication between Zigbee2MQTT and Z-Stack firmware, flashed to the adapter. To solve it - try steps above ZHA part.
Add some functionality¶
UZG-01 & ESPHome firmware¶
You can run ESPHome firmware on your UZG-01 device. Follow this to BTProxy for the latest ESPHome YAML, bin and WebInstaller
- ESPHome Bluetooth Proxy, follow this manual.
- ESPHome Bluetooth Low Energy Tracker Hub.
- ESPHome BLE CLient.
Run UZG-01 as a Zigbee router¶
- Download a router firmware - you have to use
- Flash it using the manual in section Flashing and Updating;
- Power the device On. It will start in a pairing mode so add it to your current zigbee network. If you want to re-pair it, go to the web-interface, section
System and Toolsand press
Router reconnectat the
More to come